New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

The Incredible Machine

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

old_mac_donalds

old_mac_donalds is on a distinguished road

There's this amazing game that I used to play all the time when I was a child - it's called "The Incredible Machine". Does anybody know it? Anybody still play it? I searched for it on Google, but only found links to newer versions quite different to the one I'm used to.

Any ideas on where I could purchase the old version, or maybe even get it for free??
QUOTE Thanks
kodiak1007

kodiak1007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 24" 2.8 ghz

Is this it ? http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/download.php
QUOTE Thanks
old_mac_donalds

old_mac_donalds is on a distinguished road

that's the right game, but it doesn't work for mac!! thanks anyway!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

*Moved thread to proper forum - Not just anything goes in Anything Goes*

For abandonware games for the Mac OS (pre-OS X), check out the Macintosh Garden. Look in the alphabetical list, one of the versions seems to be there. If the version you are looking for isn't there, chances are it isn't abandonware and a company somewhere still owns the rights.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
For abandonware games for the Mac OS (pre-OS X), check out the Macintosh Garden. Look in the alphabetical list, one of the versions seems to be there. If the version you are looking for isn't there, chances are it isn't abandonware and a company somewhere still owns the rights.
The thing to note about games on Macintosh Garden is they only work if you have a pre-OSX machine or you have Classic installed. That means if you have a new intel-mac or Leopard, you can't play them.

Ridiculous- adjective: deserving or inviting derision or mockery; absurd. ex. It is ridiculous how many people think the word ridiculous is spelled with an 'e'.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Yep, I mentioned it in my post. Good that you repeat it in case it was noticed by the reader before.

I dunno if SheepShaver allows those old games to run on OS X systems?...
QUOTE Thanks
hEADcRASH

hEADcRASH is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 5: DualQuad Pro, Quad Pro, MacBookPro 15", MacBookPro 17", MacBookAir

Wow. über-late reply, but for the record:

I was the developer for the Mac version of TemIM. I have been kicking around the idea of resurrecting the code and coming up with a playable version of the game on the latest Macs (i.e. Universal Binary). My obstacles would be: Waiting until I'm fully moved in to crack open my ancient code archives, having enough time with school breathing down my neck, figuring out how to handle the 640x480 limitation (scaling, full-screen, etc.), and making sure that I can actually release it for free (with Activision's blessing). This summer'd probably be a good time .. I'll fire off an email to Activision soon and see what they think.
QUOTE Thanks
josmeijer

josmeijer is on a distinguished road

As, apparently, the right moment never came I suggest you install virtualbox and a nice windows os (XP is good enough) and run the incredible machine there.
As for the modest system requrements to modern standards it should run fast as hell.
Or, if you are a proper Mac-addict you should have an iPad by now.
The developers did your job and recompiled it for iPad ( I canīt tell if itsīs properly done, as I donīt have an iPad, but for less than $3 itīs yours, Though the greedy *******s hold up their hand again if you want to move up a level.But to get a first impression its a modest sum)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hEADcRASH View Post
Wow. über-late reply, but for the record:

I was the developer for the Mac version of TemIM. I have been kicking around the idea of resurrecting the code and coming up with a playable version of the game on the latest Macs (i.e. Universal Binary). My obstacles would be: Waiting until I'm fully moved in to crack open my ancient code archives, having enough time with school breathing down my neck, figuring out how to handle the 640x480 limitation (scaling, full-screen, etc.), and making sure that I can actually release it for free (with Activision's blessing). This summer'd probably be a good time .. I'll fire off an email to Activision soon and see what they think.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to install windows on iMac using a USB flash drive? | Windows 8 »