Specs:
    Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
    Boot Camp Patition Problem
    I was going to make my boot camp partition bigger to do some gaming and to fix a dvd driver problem. Well I removed the partition but now my Boot Camp Assistant won't make a windows partition. I get an error mentioning something about backing up my OS X partition and reinstalling. I really don't have access to the hardware to back up my stuff, I read that perhaps I need to defrag that part of my HD, but I found no free options for that.

Also, I have went into Disk Utility and Repaired/Verified Permissions and Repaired Disk, nothing though.

Any ideas as to what I could do?
    Blog- My random musings as I document the spiritual changes I go through.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    I was going to make my boot camp partition bigger to do some gaming and to fix a dvd driver problem. Well I removed the partition but now my Boot Camp Assistant won't make a windows partition. I get an error mentioning something about backing up my OS X partition and reinstalling. I really don't have access to the hardware to back up my stuff, I read that perhaps I need to defrag that part of my HD, but I found no free options for that.

Also, I have went into Disk Utility and Repaired/Verified Permissions and Repaired Disk, nothing though.

Any ideas as to what I could do?
    I take it this is with the beta version and Tiger, right? Are you running the latest version of the beta?

I wonder if the beta version being expired has something to do with it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    yah its the latest version of the beta, and i doubt that would be the problem. It is software and hasn't phoned home to expire, and if so there would be some sort of warning stating that I am sure.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1st Corinithians 3:13

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    yah its the latest version of the beta, and i doubt that would be the problem. It is software and hasn't phoned home to expire, and if so there would be some sort of warning stating that I am sure.
    If it's not warning about the beta being expired, my guess would be that there is some sort of damage to the file system. Aside from running DiskWarrior or something of its ilk on it, I wonder if any of the maintenance/optimization tools in Onyx would be of help.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

The beta version expired on September 30th. It doesn't need to phone home to do that... it was pre-programmed that way.

Specs:
    why would it expire on the 30th but according to apple it would expire at leopards release which was oct 26th?

edit:
    FROM APPLE.com
    Camp Beta 1.3, 1.4 expiration

The license to use Boot Camp Beta expires when Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard is available to the public. To continue using Boot Camp at that time, upgrade to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.

nothing about it not working, just the lisence expiring. it also said that 1.2 would not open anymore passed sept 30th so i think it is safe to assume that 1.4 would not open if it was not useable

****... is it November already? LOL! No seriously... I must have gotten the expire date for the old version. In any event, Boot Camp beta HAS expired and while any existing BC installs will continue to work, the Boot Camp Assistant will NOT work. You'd think it'd give a more appropriate error message, but apparently it isn't.

Thread Information