New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Safari's problems with flash or quicktime

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bellastrada

bellastrada is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb

I can't see some pict or animations on my safari.... the only thing I see is a small Broken quicktime logo. By the way, I unistalled block ad and everythings that look like.... somebody have an ideal?
B.
QUOTE Thanks
immdb

immdb will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook

Is it a Quicktime file that you are trying to view?

It could be that it isn't a Quicktime file but something is set that makes Quicktime thinks that it is. Maybe a Quicktime MIME setting???

Another reason that you can get a broken image is if QuickTime isn't installed. Since you have it installed maybe Safari can't find it. Try reinstalling Quicktime and repairing permissions.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

safari has major issues with flash. try it in mozilla/firefox/IE
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

That surprises me! I watch many flash movies on Newgrounds on Safari with never a worry
QUOTE Thanks
BlackOpSniper

well....personaly i like safari,but if you have some problems,you can go to www.microsoft.com/mac/ and download internet explorer!or if you can't veiw wmp. files also download window media player for mac! :cool:
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

Macs come with the Mac IE, in finder > applications
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellastrada
I can't see some pict or animations on my safari.... the only thing I see is a small Broken quicktime logo. By the way, I unistalled block ad and everythings that look like.... somebody have an ideal?
B.
If it's definitely a flash movie your trying to view and if the site is well scripted site; it would automatically check you have the correct version of the required plug-in, if not it'll download it from macromedia before the movie loads. Sound like your trying to open a AVI or Mpg file but your missing some codec or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider
safari has major issues with flash. try it in mozilla/firefox/IE
It's not Safari that's you should be blaming. There are a number of things or features that the Mac version of Flash plug-in doesn't support, mainly those scripts that require chromawindows. Currently it's only supported on Internet Explorer, it's because the script uses some Microsoft technology (i.e. Direct X & Active X) to achieve a desired effect.
QUOTE Thanks
Strider

Strider is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hype.it
It's not Safari that's you should be blaming.

Currently it's only supported on Internet Explorer.
Thats precisely I'm advising to stay away from Safari when checking out these flash files...
QUOTE Thanks
hype.it

hype.it is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!

Again, your blaming safari. I reiterate, it's not safari's problem. You could, infact run any other Mac based browser and still encounter the same problem. Because there is NO ActiveX or DirectX on the Mac. Period.

This is what happens when so called professional but really are "amateur" web designers/coder's use platform dependent code and resources. They cut corners and lose traffic.

Idoits, I tell you.

However, i have a nice script... Kicks out PC user's, causes IE to crash. It's not an error, it's intentional. It's in the section labeled "for Mac"
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adding contacts in Adium | DC++ for mac »