New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

OS 10.4 - Need Fast Help With Bootcamp Problem!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kutrack1

kutrack1 is on a distinguished road

ok here is my situation. I was running bootcamp and it was working great until i decided to try out parallels, and VMware. Now after trying to uninstall them, it wont let me boot into bootcamp itself by holding option you know the normal way....I really need to get back to whre i can fully run win XP rather than an image of it from a virtual machine. someone please tell me what i need to do to beable to boot fully into XP again PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moving to correct forum...

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

If you're still on 10.4 then the bootcamp version has expired. So that might be the reason you're not able to login to bootcamp partition. What you can try is install rEFIt. It will bring up a menu after the startup chime which lists the available (bootable) OSs on the machine. You can select the OS you want to boot. But that is given your bootcamp partition is intact and still in bootable condition.... rEFIt is free so worth giving a try.

PS: You need to install the rEFIt on Mac volume. Alternatively you can keep the CD image of rEFIt on a CD and boot from CD pressing C.
QUOTE Thanks
kutrack1

kutrack1 is on a distinguished road

i have downloaded it and it recogizes windows, but at that menu nothing on my keyboard works to select windows. either its something with the program, or i havnt deleted all the files or virtual machines off to allow me to boot into windows.....any ideas on a fix??
QUOTE Thanks
smartyMAC

smartyMAC will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,

Thats strange... Hope you've tried arrow keys to navigate through the rEFIt menu. If you're running it from CD try installing it to your hard drive. Is your windows xp 32-bit or 64-bit? I guess there are issues in booting 64-bit windows with EFI support.

For rEFIt to work the partition should be bootable. It has nothing to do with VM files. It works perfectly fine for me with Mac10.5 & Linux.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels, Bootcamp or Both | Unavoidable bombing on startup on my baby Mac Plus »