New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Does the Bootcamp Beta still work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hal515

hal515 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM

Because I have not installed Windows on it yet but dont want to go to Leopard because of the bugs it is having.
QUOTE Thanks
macXPcrossover

macXPcrossover is on a distinguished road

Yes, I am pretty sure that Bootcamp Beta should still work. Although I have now installed Leopard and it is working perfectly so far. I do not notice any difference from Tiger + Beta.
Mind you I am still exploring at the present since I am all new to Mac OS and use only windows apps at work.
Good luck with beta and eventually Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

If it still works (which I am not sure that it does), it will not work for much longer, its a timed beta, and will expire on a certain date. The date that apple said was "When Leopard is released" so if I had to bet on it, it is already expired or will expire with in the month.

The bootcamp in Leopard, is the same bootcamp, it is just no longer in beta status, so if / when you get Leopard, you will not have a problem installing windows on your system.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

My Bootcamp Assistant beta expired Oct. 1st and would no longer open.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
mathgru

mathgru is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" Intel Core Duo

I have installed the beta version twice now with no problems. As far as I could tell, there was no beta time bomb.

:mac:
The Math Guru
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
QUOTE Thanks
ferritt

ferritt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MBP - 24" white iMac - 16gb white iphone3G - 20gb iPod colour

my beta edition 1.4 stoped working saying it has expired. So I just downloaded 1.3 and that worked fine. I did change the date back a year aswell when using it but not when I tried 1.4 so maybe thats why it did'nt work?

cheers
QUOTE Thanks
math

math is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Black Core2Duo 2.0ghz, 1gb RAM, 120gb HDD, Tiger

In order to use any of the versions of the Boot Camp betas, you'll have to change your date settings - anything before September 30th will do. After you'd installed it you can reset your date; the assistant won't work anymore, but your Windows partition will still work fine.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cant start up in OS9, Classic works from OSX. | Sorry To ask but »