New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

What is your Windows Vista Experience Index?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

seasurfer

seasurfer is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 24'' iMac 2.8 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 500 GB HD. 15.4'' MBP, 2.6 GHz, 4 Gig RAM, 200GB HD, iPhone 8GB.

What is your Windows Vista Experience Index?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Are you talking about that number that serves as a sort of benchmark for your system? If so, then when I was running Vista a while back I was somewhere close to a 5. I've upgraded my video card since then, so I'm guessing that I would rate higher now.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

If that is what the OP meant I was at 4.8 out of 5 on my AMD 64 3800 Plus gaming rig.
QUOTE Thanks
Village Idiot

Village Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of lightVillage Idiot is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Sooper Fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Are you talking about that number that serves as a sort of benchmark for your system? If so, then when I was running Vista a while back I was somewhere close to a 5. I've upgraded my video card since then, so I'm guessing that I would rate higher now.
5 is the highest you can get right now.

Chaotic Evil, Level 1 IT-Tech

Slough Roast Blog
Capitol Sound Blog
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Mine is a 1. =(
No transparencies, minimal shadows, no animation. It's like XP, except slower. Why in god's name does vista take so long to move a file or empty the trash??
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

if youre a 1, thats why~

probably have less than 1GB of ram?

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
voided3

voided3 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 15.4", Core Duo 2.16ghz, 2gig of RAM

The cumulative score isn't always a good basis for judgement. For example, running Vista on a virtual machine gives you a 1 because of the lack of 3D acceleration, while the rest of your scores could be 4 or higher because your system has a decent amount of RAM and a good CPU. Also, the hard drive scores don't only take into account the speed, but the size too. It would probably give the same score to a 36 GB WD Raptor that it would to a standard 7200rpm 320 or 500 GB drive, if not higher for the latter. Also, the index of a 1 could be a result of bad/non-existent drivers; I found this out when a system I put Vista on needed an SiS AGP driver to make the ATI driver function properly whereas on XP it never gave me any trouble w/o it (though when I switched back to XP I installed it).
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

1.5GB ram.
Exactly what voided3 said. Everything on the machine is great. The video card is too, but there is no good driver for it. Kind of a shame. XP with windowblinds (or windowshades?) gave transparency and drop shadows perfectly.
QUOTE Thanks
naftalim

naftalim is on a distinguished road

I left Vista for Mac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unavoidable bombing on startup on my baby Mac Plus | Using an intel mac in winows mode »