New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Mouse Freezes on XP Start

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bullittbob

bullittbob is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 20 inch 2.0Ghz

After finally (2 days) getting Windows to load under Bootcamp I restarted for first time by pressing option and mouse froze. Now everytime I choose Windows at bootup the mouse freezes and I have to restart in MAC OSX. So my Windows install is useless, has anyone else experienced this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
bullittbob

It appears my USB port is the problem when booting into Windows, if I disconnect USB Hub then windows loads fine. Does anyone know a better solution then disconnecting this hub. I need the extra ports.
QUOTE Thanks
macXPcrossover

macXPcrossover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullittbob View Post
It appears my USB port is the problem when booting into Windows, if I disconnect USB Hub then windows loads fine. Does anyone know a better solution then disconnecting this hub. I need the extra ports.

This works for me: I wait until XP is fully booted up. Then I plug in the USB hub by itself amd wait to Windows to recognize it. Then I plug in the other USB devices one by one.
QUOTE Thanks
bullittbob

Has anyone heard if Apple will eventually address this?
QUOTE Thanks
EORI

EORI has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 24" iMac 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM/320GB HD; BlackBook 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM/250GB HD

The problem may be the USB hub that you're using. I have a D-Link 7 port USB hub perpetually connected to my iMac, and have had no problems using my wired standard keyboard and MM when in Windows using Bootcamp. I did have connectivity problems with my wireless iMac keyboard and wireless MM, so I just use the wired input devices when in Windows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HD problem on WinXP | Just installed Vista 64bit on my iMac »