New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Which version of Windows are you installing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drgrafix

drgrafix is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac Aluminum/2.8GHz/500GB/6MB/Lacie Quadra1TBTM,MBPro13 wSSD, AirportX, iPhone4G,ATV1

Just curious as to what the trend seems to be. Are you installing Windows 2000 Pro, Windows XP, or Windows Vista. Might be helpful to others if you explain why you did what you did .

Pick One:

Windows 2000 Pro

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Without Curiosity, Intelligence Is Nonexistent
Aging Grandpa drives a Supercharged Ford SVT Lightning & Mini Cooper-S Turbo
QUOTE Thanks
Cherokee

Cherokee is a jewel in the roughCherokee is a jewel in the rough

The only windows in my house are the ones that came with it.

iMac - 2.4 C2D - 4GB RAM | MacBook - 2.0 C2D - 2GB RAM | AirPort Extreme Base Station
QUOTE Thanks
Artiomoff

Artiomoff is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2,33 Ghz , 2GB Ram , 120 GB HDD , X1600

I choose the Vista , but i don`t instal any of it right now i was a Win user for more than 10 years , when i changed to mac there was some app that i didn find at mac , but i am 3 month now user of mac and i found all that i need , ohhhh no one thing i can`t find It is SWF-AVI-GIF converter But at all it is not a such a big prob ! Mac Rules ! )
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Windows XP SP2 in Parallels.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Edska

Edska is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 2x160GB HDD 2GB RAM

I am using Windows XP with bootcamp and loading the same partition with Vmware Fusion in Mac. I need only one windows instalation to work on both partitions. I am usin Windows only for my studies with some programs, that I can't run on Vista.
QUOTE Thanks
AIX

AIX is on a distinguished road

XP as well. Vista is too bloated and buggy. Pretty much all the features it has that XP doesnt have are completely unnecessary for what I need and do nothing more then chew up resources.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Moving to correct forum...

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Jhorra

Jhorra is on a distinguished road

I installed XP in Parallels, and Vista in Bootcamp. Vista seems to resource intensive to use in Parallels, but I still like Vista, and for the Windows development I do I like to have the newest features available.
QUOTE Thanks
CafeRacer

CafeRacer is on a distinguished road

Can one install Windows Pro 2000 on a new Imac? I've been doing some research before I buy one, but I had not heard of this before. I went to the Apple store today and they told me it's either XP with SP2 or Vista? I have Windows Pro 2000 CD at home, but it was a PIA to install, if I remember correctly it comes without any drivers. I guess this questions comes from seeing Windows Pro 2000 on the poll.
QUOTE Thanks
Levi

Levi has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer View Post
Can one install Windows Pro 2000 on a new Imac? I've been doing some research before I buy one, but I had not heard of this before. I went to the Apple store today and they told me it's either XP with SP2 or Vista? I have Windows Pro 2000 CD at home, but it was a PIA to install, if I remember correctly it comes without any drivers. I guess this questions comes from seeing Windows Pro 2000 on the poll.
It's not supported via BootCamp because Apple doesn't supply the drivers for it, but you can install and run pretty much anything in a virtual machine.

Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
Bruki

Bruki will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: imac 20" 2GHz Intel 2GB RAM, iPod Classic 80Gb, iPhone

For sure XP SP2 for me
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PC CD-ROMs and MAC??? | need boot camp or macbook pro XP drivers »