New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

.xlsx Files on Excel 2004 for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alexschieber

alexschieber is an unknown at this point

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a file converter, or how I can open a ".xlsx" file on my mac version of excel. When I try to open it, it just comes up as gibberish.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

I Know you asked about mac excel, but iWork's Numbers opens xlsx files. MS did release a converter for docx/xlsx files though...
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I installed the converter for Mac since my school promptly upgraded everything to 2007, but I still can't get the new files to open with Office 2004.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Mickey

Mickey is on a distinguished road

To convert and open Word 2007 docx or Excel 2007 xlsx files try "docxconverter 2.0". See: http://www.panergy-software.com/prod.../features.html
QUOTE Thanks
kuupoika

kuupoika is on a distinguished road

docxconverter is crap at converting multi-worhsheet xlsx files as the only real option is as a csv file which breaks the single workbook with multi-worksheets file into multiple csv files... one for each worksheet... daft!!!

use NeoOffice... (latest version, can't remember about the earlier ones)opens xlsx files with no problem and you can them either save them as xls files for Office 2004 or work on them and save as the xlsx file if you want
QUOTE Thanks
AbSoluTc

AbSoluTc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac - 24" - 2.8ghz - 2 Gig Ram - 500 Gig HD

You can use this here.. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloa...gnosysreq=True

Have lots of 2007 files myself and this work just fine, no issues. Run it and drap/drop your file(s) and your done.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« windows hd | Windows XP Home Versus XP pro »