New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Counter Strike Source and Bootcamp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Enlite

Enlite is on a distinguished road

Well I tried this in the past and failed, yet yesterday I saw youtube videos of people running CS:S via Crossover or Bootcamp. I decided to give it another go and installed it yesterday and all. The problem I ran into was, it gets to the main screen and then just turns black. Im not sure whats going on, I saw some other people running it fine, is there some certain setting I need to do?
Also, I was told Crossover would work too, so I'll be trying it on Crossover later on, but for now, I'd really like to get it to work on my Windows XP side..
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Have you checked the graphics settings? Perhaps they're set too high for your computer to handle.

Did you install the driver disc after installing Windows? Also, what Mac do you have?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Enlite

Enlite is on a distinguished road

Actually I figured it out, what I had to do was change the Launch setting to "-dxlevel 70", I had tired 80, but that was the cause of the black screen. So actually the game runs rather smoothly, however CS_Assualt, the one I liked most was the one that had the FPS lag, however I found a Cs_Assualt_Old which was practically the same thing but a bit different that ran quite well.
QUOTE Thanks
jbreyfogle

jbreyfogle is on a distinguished road

How do i change the launch settings?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp Counter Stike | Windows XP, VMWare Fusion - No Windows Disc - PLEASE HELP!! »