Fstop36
    CD slide show software....
    Hey Community...I need a simple slide show program so I could burn to a CD and show my photographic portfolio...I just need basic dissolves and possibly adding music.....Any ideas?? Also, I have Norton Utilities 8.0...Has anyone used "Warrior"? And if so, Is it superior to Norton? Fstop

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    http://www.ulead.com/dps_mac/runme.htm That is the best basic Slideshow software that I have ever used
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Badger
    I use Norton's, DiskWarrior and Techtool on a regular basis. All 3 of them have different strengths but I consider DiskWarrior to be essential with either TechTool or Norton's as a secondary. Personally, I think TT has moved ahead of Norton's but since Norton's is being dropped it will soon be just DW and TT anyway.
    Badger

Fstop36
    Very Helpful....Thanks
    To trpnmonkey....Once the CD is burned, can it be played on any Mac or does said Mac need the software to play the slide show? Is it cross platform to play on a PC? I am anxious to get started...Thanks

Badger, thanks for your input...I didn't realize they are phasing out Norton...Why?

Fstop

Badger
    re: Norton's; Symantec has not made any major changes to Norton's recently (and was really slow with an OS X version), at the same time other companies made major improvements so Norton's lost business to other programs, and Symantec in general seems to have a limited commitment to the Mac. So it seems to be a combination of competition and apathy.
    Badger

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Fstop36
    To trpnmonkey....Once the CD is burned, can it be played on any Mac or does said Mac need the software to play the slide show? Is it cross platform to play on a PC? I am anxious to get started...Thanks

Badger, thanks for your input...I didn't realize they are phasing out Norton...Why?

Fstop
    I would put a copy of the application on the burned CD. Then you should have no problem show your slide show, because the application that created it is available.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    It burns it as VCD so it plays on almost all dvd players
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Thread Information