New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Problems running XP on mac book help!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jaydecay123

Jaydecay123 is on a distinguished road

I need help, I have recently partitioned windows xp on my mac book. the installation went down fine. but as soon as i go to install the mac drivers for windows xp all breaks loose with all types of errors. I need people to tell me how to correctly install windows xp through boot camp and have a successfully partitioned windows xp operating system so i can play my video games! thank you
QUOTE Thanks
madgibbon

madgibbon is on a distinguished road

Did you use a Service Pack 2 Windows XP installation disk. I had no end of problems trying to install Windows XP on my MacBook. The requirements for running XP through Bootcamp specify Service Pack 2 but I though this could be installed after XP, thats were the headaches begain. I've sence created an XP installation CD with Service Pack 2 pre installed using a method called Streamlining. Using installation cd, XP installed without a hitch.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaydecay123

Jaydecay123 is on a distinguished road

I fixed the problem by installing verious drivers. I'm missing an audio driver so i have no sound. any idea where to get the correct one? intel's website didn't help much
QUOTE Thanks
madgibbon

Did you burn the drive disk which Bootcamp offered to create for you. This contains all the drivers you need for any Intel based Mac.

If you haven't already I would suggest downloading the lastest version of Bootcamp and creating a new updated driver disk.
QUOTE Thanks
error13

error13 is on a distinguished road

I have also installed Bootcamp and Windows XP on my macbook, but have no use of the audio or sound devices. I followed Apple.com's instructions, burning a disc with all the appropriate drivers. All the other drivers installed no problem i.e built in isight camera etc, but the audio device for the built in speakers are definately not working.

Wondering if anyone else has this problem or if anyone at all can help!

Also reminds me why I hate Windows
QUOTE Thanks
madgibbon

Have you checked device manager for any hardware faults. Click start, right click My Computer, a menu should appear, click properties. This will display the System Properties dialogue, from here select the Hardware tab and finally click Device Manager. If there are any hardware issues they will be identified by a yellow exclamation mark or red cross.

If there are none your hardware is all ok and drivers are correctly installed.

One last thing thing, have you made sure the volume is turned up?
QUOTE Thanks
error13

error13 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the help, although I have already checked the devices manager many times, I've been a windows user for about 13+ years!

I tried reinstalling the mac drivers again, but to no avail.
Don't want to resort to reinstalling bootcamp and windows as my copy may have had its last install!

And of course the first thing I tried was turning the volume up!

help!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels, messing up my OS X windows | Partioned hard-drive »