New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp isn't compatable with New imac!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Big G

Big G is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: New Imac 24" , 2.4 Ghz , 1 GB Memory

Right now, at least ver. 1.4 when you go to burn the drivers after It says failed to verify (verify the drivers) or something of that nature. This happened twice. I suppose they need an new update to cover the new Imacs. Anyone have any similar issues?
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

I thought the ver.1.4 was brought out for the new iMacs...
QUOTE Thanks
Big G

Apparently not. I just got an new imac and says error verifying drivers (when it burns).
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

goobimama is correct, version 1.4b was put out specifically to add support for the new iMacs. I know because I installed 1.3 as soon as we got the iMac and half of the drivers didn't work. And then 1.4b came out a couple of hours later, specifically pointing out that support for the new iMacs was added. After installing that, things worked perfectly.

If you're having a problem with burning the driver disc, the issue may reside in hardware, more specifically, your optical drive.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Big G

No, I've successfully burned several disks outside of boot camp. It's not my optical drive.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Have you tried redownloading Boot Camp? Perhaps your copy got corrupted somehow

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Big G

No what I did was un check verify in the beginning and it worked. And all worked fine. But I really don't want windows.
QUOTE Thanks
dbennett642

dbennett642 is on a distinguished road

I bought a new iMac and put boot camp with win XP on it the second day i had it, no problem burning disk, worked just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
No what I did was un check verify in the beginning and it worked. And all worked fine. But I really don't want windows.
Interesting you would say that. I installed XP Pro on my Core Duo Mini with Bootcamp really just to see it work and how well it worked. Got sick of it taking up space for Mac stuff so zapped it.

I have dedicated Windows machines for the few things I need Windows for. I wanted my Macs just OSX.
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I got this too, albeit with my old iMac, and it was the media - I changed to an Imation CDR and got no errors.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightlie View Post
I got this too, albeit with my old iMac, and it was the media - I changed to an Imation CDR and got no errors.
Just curious, what media were you having issues with? I had tried some Memorex's and had nothing but issues then went back to Imation which I have used for years and the issues went away.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

I've been using Memorex without any problems for years.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac partition boot password protection? | Trouble installing any operating system.. »