New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp partitioning - How long does it take?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dengoR

dengoR is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I have been sitting in front of my mbp for about 2 hours now, watching bootcamp running disk partitioning! there has been no error messages, like the verfiy disk error message. the blue bar has been stuck on about 95% for AGES!?

how long have your bootcamp partitions taken? anyone had to wait this long before? or does it look like there's a problem??

thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
dengoR

spoke too soon!! got the frickin error message again guess its archive and install time...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

2 hours is a long time. I'm usually up and running with Windows (partitioned and installed) in a little over an hour. Clearly you have an issue at hand.

Cancel the process and if needed, restore the original partition. Then pop in your restore disc and restart the computer while holding down the "C" button. When setup begins, go to the toolbar at top and look for Disk Utility. Select your hard drive and perform the Repair job. Then restart your computer and run the Boot Camp wizard again.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
dengoR

omg!! i did the archive and install, then ran bootcamp....still getting same "some files could not be moved...." error!!!?? going to try the disk utility repair disk thing again...
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I think you need to trash whatever you've done so far and start from scratch. I've set up Windows twice: each time only took about 45 minutes soup to nuts.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
ric0h

ric0h can only hope to improve

mine took only 1 hour, with few error but it works
QUOTE Thanks
dengoR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
I think you need to trash whatever you've done so far and start from scratch. I've set up Windows twice: each time only took about 45 minutes soup to nuts.
you mean do an "erase and install" of osx? i thought an "archive and install" would be more than enough to solve the bootcamp partitioning problem?!
QUOTE Thanks
NPuter

NPuter is a jewel in the roughNPuter is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP

mine took about 5min

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« video memory with boot camp | XFig drawing software »