New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Maybe i'm dumb but...(bootcamp)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fritleyfrisp

fritleyfrisp is on a distinguished road

I have just installed Windows XP on my Macbook using bootcamp. Now I can't get back to OS X, every time I switch it on it boots windows.

The manual said to hold down option key when turning it on I did that but nothing.

Please help, I miss OS X...
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Go to the Control Panel and double click on Startup Disk. Select the Mac OS X partition and hit the restart button.

When in OS X, go to System Preferences and find the Startup Disk option and make sure OS X is selected as the default. Now the "hold Option" button should work without a problem. Speaking of which, be sure to hold it as soon as you hear the chime.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
fritleyfrisp

thanks for your reply Kash

I cant find Startup Disk anywhere in Windows
QUOTE Thanks
fritleyfrisp

I had to start OS X again with the CD which has re-installed my OS X system but i've lost all of my work. Thankfully, my wife still has all of it on her laptop but now I can't even open Boot Camp assistant. I hate windows
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future

Quick question, after installing Windows, did you pop in the driver disc that was created during the Boot Camp wizard?

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
fritleyfrisp

no i didn't but i tried to create one using the "pressing the option button" i told you about but nothing. I have now, after a stressful day, re-installed the system and i'm using fusion
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

The reason why Startup Disk didn't show up in your Control Panel is because you didn't install the driver disc you were supposed to right after Windows setup was finished. I'm not sure what you mean by creating one by pressing the option button, but that disc is created right before Boot Camp partitions your hard drive. If you skipped over that step, that would explain the problem you had.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Multiple Win OS's in bootcamp | Im really confused about bootcamp and parallels »