New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Entourage problem message

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cementguy49

cementguy49 is on a distinguished road

After an update to my Microsoft Office, I am not able to access Entourage. I am running an iMac Core Duo and whenever I doubleclick on the Entourage icon, I get a message that says "Cannot open this identity with this version of Entourage". I have uninstalled and reinstalled MS Office and cannot shake this problem. Anyone know what is going on?
QUOTE Thanks
pjhutch

pjhutch has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Sounds like you have not removed the preference files from ~\Library\Preferences for Entourage for that user.
QUOTE Thanks
cementguy49

cementguy49 is on a distinguished road

I just received an email from Microsoft. They suggested that this was the result of not having an update installed. They directed me to a working program, i.e. Word and to click on install updates. I did that and all is working great. Thanks to all who viewed and responded.

Fred C.
Boston, MA
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Parallels acting up after update. | Can I change size of Windows XP Virtual Machine Drive? »