New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

MacBook - Vista Audio Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

FantaXP7

FantaXP7 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys, I did a quick search on this and found nothing. Here is my problem

I installed vista on my macbook and no matter what I seem to do I can't get the optical output to send audio to my receiver. It works fine within OSX so that confirms any cable or setting on the receiver that might be wrong. I installed the mac driver cd from bootcamp that I downloaded about 2 weeks ago...

Any have this same problem?
QUOTE Thanks
israelvalenciac

israelvalenciac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse

I'll take a wild guess and i once read Mac OS X drivers don't work very well in Windows, there are some that do, but others that don't....still, who buys a MB to install Windows? =S... Good Luck! probably Apple will release a new version of hardware drivers for Windows Vista.

+Macbook; 2.16 GHz, 2GB Ram, 320 HDD, SuperDrive.
+Mighty Mouse Bluetooth.
+iPod Video Black 30GB.
+iPod Nano White 2 GB
QUOTE Thanks
FantaXP7

FantaXP7 is on a distinguished road

Ha ya, but until they make a port of newsleecher for osx and a media stream program for the xbox 360, I still have a use for windows. And besides it runs really good on a macbook.

But anyways, is there maybe custom drivers out there?
QUOTE Thanks
trini_pirate

trini_pirate is on a distinguished road

Can someone help? I have this issue also
QUOTE Thanks
trini_pirate

just a thought... would a usb sound card be a work around to this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
tmorgan1689

tmorgan1689 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.16 Blackbook 1gb/160gb

Are you running Leopard? If you are all you have to do is put in your Leopard install disc while your running Vista and it will install all the drivers. I had the same problem last night until I put in the disc.

Macbook 2.16/2gb/160gb
32gb iPhone 3GS
8gb Black iPod Nano 3rd Gen
QUOTE Thanks
trini_pirate

I do have the leopard dvd and i did install the drivers. I have sound, he problem is I cant record or broadcast my own sound from the sound card. I.E in windows encoder it won't give me my output as a broadcasting option. or in audacity it wont let me record anything comming onto my sound card.
QUOTE Thanks
Rpbr

Rpbr is on a distinguished road

I'm having sort of the same problems.
I've installed vista via bootcamp. I used to run Logic Pro 8 having a mic go via a preamp into the minijack input on the back of my imac. It worked fine with logic. Then, when I used cubase with vista, my computer detects the build-in microphone and can record from it, however the sound is almost a second delayed. But the microphone and line in that goes from the preamp into the minijack does not work. In control panel, it says the hardware works fine but it is not available, plus it does not work in cubase, of course.

So my question is... can it be that the built-in soundcard that does not correspond well with windows? So if I bought an external soundcard would it work?
Or is there something I can do in terms of settings(though I feel I've tried everything) maybe another driver that works well with windows?

It would be annoying to spend money on an external soundcard if it doesn't solve my problem. And this setup is not my primary recording source, so there's no need to spend thousands on yet another sound card for homesetup only...

any help would be greatly appreciated

-Rasmus
QUOTE Thanks
macosxgeek799

macosxgeek799 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmorgan1689 View Post
Are you running Leopard? If you are all you have to do is put in your Leopard install disc while your running Vista and it will install all the drivers. I had the same problem last night until I put in the disc.
Hey I'm running Windows Vista Basic and i Have a brand new macbook that came with leperd and a 2nd cd on says for mac coputers and the other one says Mac Os X install disc 2 which one do i use to get my sound drivers on to vista?
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by macosxgeek799 View Post
Hey I'm running Windows Vista Basic and i Have a brand new macbook that came with leperd and a 2nd cd on says for mac coputers and the other one says Mac Os X install disc 2 which one do i use to get my sound drivers on to vista?

use the one that says Mac OS X Install, the other has applications
QUOTE Thanks
Nimraynn

Nimraynn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Alu iMac 2.4 Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 320GB HDD + 750GB Ext HDD

I've got an interesting one that is similar. I've got an iMac 20" and I've installed Windows 7 via bootcamp. Everything works except my headphones port. The Realtek Audio driver that I got from the Mac OS X Snow Leopard CD seems to think that the headphones port is a Line In port, so won't output anything.

Any ideas?

QUOTE Thanks
Nimraynn

Nimraynn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Alu iMac 2.4 Core 2 Duo, 4GB memory, 320GB HDD + 750GB Ext HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimraynn View Post
I've got an interesting one that is similar. I've got an iMac 20" and I've installed Windows 7 via bootcamp. Everything works except my headphones port. The Realtek Audio driver that I got from the Mac OS X Snow Leopard CD seems to think that the headphones port is a Line In port, so won't output anything.

Any ideas?
I fixed it in the end. I just uninstalled the driver from Device Manager, re-booted and manually installed the Realtek driver from the Mac OS X 10.6 CD and it started to pick up the correct ports... It's just now being annoying with volume, as the highest volume on Windows 7 appears to be the same as 2 out of 16 on Mac OS X, so I have to really pump the volume on my hi-fi to max to get any decent sound out of Windows 7, and then I get deafened when I boot back into Mac OS X.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp 3.0 recognises Mac HFS drives but does not list all folders | Looking for advice for windows install please »