xp blue screens alot on boot camp
    i have a macbook pro and i have bootcamp with windows xp pro sp2 with the updates provided from the bootcamp. Both the mac side and xp are fully updated. When im on the xp side if i try to open some programs or alt tab to get to another after a while a blue screen will appear and reboot my computer. I have defragmented it, scan disk everything but the blue screen keeps on happening. I tried and deleted everything to start from scratch but the same garbage happens. Is this because the boot camp is still beta and windows isnt really that good on the mac yet or am i doing something wrong.

thanks

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by thumpy View Post
    i have a macbook pro and i have bootcamp with windows xp pro sp2 with the updates provided from the bootcamp. Both the mac side and xp are fully updated. When im on the xp side if i try to open some programs or alt tab to get to another after a while a blue screen will appear and reboot my computer. I have defragmented it, scan disk everything but the blue screen keeps on happening. I tried and deleted everything to start from scratch but the same garbage happens. Is this because the boot camp is still beta and windows isnt really that good on the mac yet or am i doing something wrong.

thanks
    It sounds like you've taken the right steps - and honestly, my experience has been very good with Boot Camp running XP. I would be interested in the content of the blue screen (BSOD) message. Can you possibly take some notes and report back with what the failure actually is?

Also, do you have any third party peripherals attached during the crash?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

i cant take a screen shot or anything because its so **** fast that when it pops up blue then reboots

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by thumpy View Post
    i cant take a screen shot or anything because its so **** fast that when it pops up blue then reboots
    You can't really take a screenshot of a BSOD, you sort of have to just jot down what it says. You can keep it from rebooting by setting the option under System Properties - Advanced - Startup and Recovery - Uncheck "automatically restart".
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
    Pressing alt tab or fn and the volume keys sometimes gives me the blue screen of death
    but I have only noticed this when I am gaming and has only happened a couple of times

it sounds like it is happening a lot more for you
    maybe you could try reformatting

"The forums are not only a place to have questions answered, they are a place to be part of a community..."

Thread Information