MBP with XP DVI to HDTV problem
    I have a 15.4" C2D MBP 2GB RAM 256 MB x1600 GPU.

I connected it via DVI to my Toshiba HDTV and OSX works perfectly on it.

However, when I boot into XP via Boot Camp, the Windows logo will show on startup but once loaded the TV goes black.

I've tried changing resolutions in the display properties to no avail. If someone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

(I'm using the Omega 3.8 drivers for the X1600 and I also have ATI tray tools installed)

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by abyde View Post
    I have a 15.4" C2D MBP 2GB RAM 256 MB x1600 GPU.

I connected it via DVI to my Toshiba HDTV and OSX works perfectly on it.

However, when I boot into XP via Boot Camp, the Windows logo will show on startup but once loaded the TV goes black.

I've tried changing resolutions in the display properties to no avail. If someone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

(I'm using the Omega 3.8 drivers for the X1600 and I also have ATI tray tools installed)
    My guess is the problem is related to the Omega drivers, which can be more than a bit buggy - particularly with multi-monitor setups. Have you tried the standard Boot Camp drivers?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    I would 2nd moving back to the Boot Camp drivers before trying to troubleshoot any further.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

It sounds like this could very well be the problem.

I remember when I first installed boot camp the extended display worked with my HDTV.

My only problem now, it seems, is that original boot camp drivers are terrible for gaming.

I'm not sure if they've updated them since I last used them but I remember getting terrible framerates.

Is anyone able to use the original bootcamp drivers to play PC games with success?

Also, does anyone know if ATI tray tools is compatible with the original bootcamp drivers?

If not, is there another program I can use for overclocking?

(I play mostly F.E.A.R. and Battlefield 2 if that helps at all.)

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Boot Camp has gone through a couple of new revisions recently. So, if you haven't updated in awhile, now is the time. I haven't heard anyone else complain about poor frame rates using the Boot Camp drivers. The ATI tray tool is just an extension of the drivers, I believe Boot Camp already installs it, but if not, it should be installable regardless of what driver version you have.

I will tell you one thing - I would absolutely NOT overclock the GPU in the MBP if you're intent on keeping it for a while. It already has heat dissipation issues in normal usage.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

I reverted back to the original Boot Camp drivers.

XP now displays on my HDTV perfectly.

There is a new problem now: Games will only play on the MBP display.

How do I get the games to display on the HDTV?

I have tried almost every setting in the Catalyst Control center with no luck.

Can someone please help me out?

Thread Information