Exclamation bootcamp and memory under vista (macbook pro 2.4)
    HI All,

i have just upgarded my new Macbook Pro 17" memory to 4GB, under Mac OS X, the ram reads 4GB, however under Windows Vista it only ready 3054MB, that is whole 1GB missing under windows, is this normal, i mean its workign fine in mac, please help

Thanks

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM
    Vista under bootcamp will currently only recognize 3GB of RAM. Honestly....as much of a resource hog as Vista is, you'll still never use up 3GB...unless you're doing video editing, in which case you shouldn't be booted into Vista in the first place

Cool TRUE .. Bro
    Hey Bro,

thanks for the info, you are 100 percent right, i mainly use the system for video editing under, apple Bec. it much more stable, the only reason iam using vista, is to sync with my PDA, use office 2007.. as soon as micro**** offers office 2007 on the mac .. i will stop using vista all together...

Thank's Again

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 15", 2GB RAM

I'm the exact opposite, and as soon as (thats IF) I can run Vista natively I'll remove OS X from my machine totally. (I wonder if I should be saying this here...) I don't do ANY video editing though - I primarily work with Windows and Linux servers so it suits me rather well.

I do think it's weird that Vista would only see 3GB of your installed memory. I wonder what's causing it. I know I probably can't do anything about it, but I am curious.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by richy240 View Post
    I'm the exact opposite, and as soon as (thats IF) I can run Vista natively I'll remove OS X from my machine totally. (I wonder if I should be saying this here...) I don't do ANY video editing though - I primarily work with Windows and Linux servers so it suits me rather well.

I do think it's weird that Vista would only see 3GB of your installed memory. I wonder what's causing it. I know I probably can't do anything about it, but I am curious.
    Just a guess here, but could it be that 32-Bit Windows is limited to 3GB?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Just a guess here, but could it be that 32-Bit Windows is limited to 3GB?
    Also, the older Intel chips only supported 3GB memory. To find out whether it's the chip or Windows (not that it really matters); open Activity Monitor under OS X and it will show total available memory (don't go by System Profiler... it will show you have 4GB installed, but not how much of it is usable).
    Koalas: The mafia of the animal kingdom.

Now Powered By Leopard.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 4 gig ram 200 gig hd [5400rpm :( but like the longer battery life.]
    I have a 2.4 ghz intel core duo
    4 gb of ram, it show 4 gig in activity monitor, 4 gig in system profile, but in boot camp / vista it shows 3 gig - not really sure what's going on there... but it does not seem to be an EIF issue / Firmware issue as lepord see's it just fine.

Specs:
    Macbook Pro 4 gig ram 200 gig hd [5400rpm :( but like the longer battery life.]
    there was another thread i found in this same forum about this... and i just confirmed what it said

I am running 32 bit vista w/ boot camp, to get the full 4 gig, i have to be running the 64 bit vista, which apparently is buggy as all get out under boot camp so no thanks... (not to mention driver h@#$ as nothing supports it)

http://www.vistaclues.com/reader-que...memory-limits/

-Deva

Thread Information