Vista Ultimate stuck on expanding files.
    So i just got a copy (Real) of vista ultimate from a friend, and i wanted to try it out on my macbook pro. I have a 2.6ghz processor and 2gigs ram 265mb vram. Needless to say my laptop isnt a wuss. The installation glides along nicely until it gets to the expanding files bit, then it just sits there for a long time and does nothing. Perhaps it takes a long time to do this, but i have found no other explanation for this problem. Please help.

Specs:
    Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
    yea, it took mine about half an hour before it actually started to do anything, so...i would just let it sit.. (macbook 2GHz)

It took a while on my MB, but not that long. It made progress, but the percentage listed jumped from 0 to 28, then to 40-something, then it started to move up as expected.

I have installed Vista on a LOT of computers, but this is the first MB I've had the pleasure of using. It works SO MUCH better than any PC I've used. I am definitely impressed, and I'm sorry it isn't working for you.

Have you made any progress since your initial post?

Sorry for the huge lull between postings. Turns out I had been sold a faulty copy, well faulty as in some genius put a tiny smidgen of clear nail polish on the disc. Wonderful work I must say. I replaced my copy with another, and now it's installing. I do not favor either OS really, Windows/OS X I'm a fan of both. I consider myself a computer centrist, so whatever works is what I will stick with. Windows for games, OS X for work. The Vistaids installation is running flawlessly, and quickly (strange for windows), so when it finishes, I shall see what happens. Thanks for the responses.

Thread Information