New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Big_Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aston_Fast

Aston_Fast is on a distinguished road

I have a big problem i think,
I installed a Windows XP on my iMac (intel), i delated all mac partitions.Next
I formatted my Windows XP discs, and now when i'm trying boot Mac os x 1.4.4 with option key i have to choose Windows partition or Mac OS X disc.
When i'm choosing Mac Os X it's starting and shows information:
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x00399CA3): unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"
Can anyone help me???
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

I think this part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston_Fast View Post
...i delated all mac partitions....
...may be your problem.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
Aston_Fast

And What to do next???
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
And What to do next???
That depends on what your goal is. If you deleted the Mac OS X partitions, one would assume you just want to run XP. If not, you'll need to boot the system with your OS X install disc and repartition and reinstall the operating system.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Aston_Fast

I want install Mac OS x but when i'm doing it, it shows me
panic (cpu 0 caller 0x00399CA3): unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI"
And this command with shut down computer is showing...
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I want install Mac OS x but when i'm doing it, it shows me
And this command with shut down computer is showing...
So, you're booting off the install CD (CD is inserted and you're holding the C key down to force it to boot off the CD) and that is when the message is displayed?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Aston_Fast

yes
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
yes
It doesn't sound as though it's actually booting from the CD. It sounds like your EFI (the Mac version of BIOS) is trying to boot from a non-existent partition.

Aside from calling Apple tech support, I would suggest trying a PRAM reset (turn the machine on and immediately press and hold Command-Option-P-R, hold until the system chimes 3 times). Then, I would insert the CD and power off the machine. Then, power the machine on, hold the C key and allow it to boot off the machine.

If that doesn't work, I don't know that there's much else you can do besides taking it in for service.

QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Is the CD the one that came with it? Remember they are not interchangeable.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
Aston_Fast

Yes, but i Installed Windows XP aGain...
QUOTE Thanks
richy240

richy240 is on a distinguished road

Does this mean I can delete the OS X partition on my MacBook and run Vista "natively?" I have no use for OS X, but I love Mac hardware.

If so, is there any way to reclaim the disk space used by the potentially deleted OS X partition?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« vista question | VMware XP partition removal »