New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

UK Keyboard Map - Windows XP on MacBook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JamboUK

JamboUK is on a distinguished road

Hello.

I am a brand new user of a MacBook. I am dual booting OSX and Windows XP Pro using Bootcamp.

I wonder if someone can clear up a UK keyboard question for me?

When in Windows XP I was expecting the Apple drivers to assign the correct symbols to the correct keys (i.e. @ is in the right place for a Windows keyboard but does not match the legend on the keys of the Apple keyboard). Have I set something up wrong or am I expected remember where characters are supposed to be?

Also... anyone shed any light on the whole subject of no backslash? I have a little application that solves that for me at the moment called Backslasher but would be interested to hear from you.

Thanks a lot.
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

go into the contral panel and then Keyboard setting etc and change it ot the Apple configuration and then set as default and remove the old one. that will get all the keys back correctly.

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks
dyinginavan

dyinginavan will become famous soon enough

Do you mean that on a UK keyboard, the " is where the @ is and vice versa? Yup, this took me a while to get used to but I haven't messed around with any settings to be honest. I have just got used to using an american-ish style setup of my " being right next to the shift, and @ over the number 2 lolol.

Keeps me on my toes anyway haha, I keep typing it wrong on Windows machines now.

-Donna.
QUOTE Thanks
JamboUK

JamboUK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by symondavis View Post
go into the contral panel and then Keyboard setting etc and change it ot the Apple configuration and then set as default and remove the old one. that will get all the keys back correctly.
Thanks a lot... much appreciated. Only one more problem key to the left of the 'Z' key does not give the correct symbols! Is that normal????

Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Changing partion size | Is Windows upgrade supported by BootCamp »