New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Performa 630 running 7.5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Performa630

Performa630 is on a distinguished road

Hi all i am new to the forums, i have had this mac for years now but i cant get it on the internet i have installed a network card called a farallon ethernet card, in the lc comm slot and when i open the lc comm slot diagnostics it says valid ethernet cards found in slot, 0 is there a program i can download to reconise a ethernet router or somthing
QUOTE Thanks
Performa630

so no-one can help me not evan welcome to the site
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Performa630 View Post
so no-one can help me not evan welcome to the site
Welcome to the site!

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I know next to nothing about net-connection problems, especially if the machine is behind a router. As well, System 7.5 might pose its own problems.

I've had Macs since System 7 was current but never had a problem connecting, so I wouldn't know where to look, moreso because of the modifications you did to the machine.

Don't give up hope here, yet. Someone may come by who knows what's up.
QUOTE Thanks
Performa630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Study View Post
Welcome to the site!

Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I know next to nothing about net-connection problems, especially if the machine is behind a router. As well, System 7.5 might pose its own problems.

I've had Macs since System 7 was current but never had a problem connecting, so I wouldn't know where to look, moreso because of the modifications you did to the machine.

Don't give up hope here, yet. Someone may come by who knows what's up.
Thanks, i shall eagerly await someones advice
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Let me look in some Mac Bibles and see whats the shake out here. Dont quit understand the problem. If the mac knows the card is there it should work
unless you need a farallon driver. You need a hub to hook it to. Then you can network other Macs and Laser printers and a web connection.
QUOTE Thanks
iRye

iRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really niceiRye is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac

I know a great site for you, mon amis.

System 7: Today
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Running OSX and XP Hard Disk Formatting Question | Uninstalled Bootcamp, but HD size is smaller? »