3D games on parallels?
    I have parallels with windows vista on it, but it wont run certain games (Counter Strike Source, Age of Mythology to be exact) CSS doesnt even open, but AOM gives me a message that says my video card isnt compatable with the game. Is there anyway to fix it, or should i go the bootcamp way to be able to run either of the games?

Thanks.

What version of Parallels are you running? From what I understand, Parallels 3.0 is the only one that has 3D graphics support - and I'm not sure that it 100% works properly.

Your best option is BootCamp, if you want to game.
    Brendan Welsh
    Aluminum Macbook Owner

I downloaded the new one, which im using for the 15 day free trial, but i dont want to buy it in full if i cant run these games on it.

BootCamp can run any games on it though correct?

Specs:
    Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
    Parallels 3 will only emulate DirectX 8, by all accounts. BootCamp will run virtually anything, I'm running Oblivion and Tomb Raider Anniversary quite nicely on an iMac.
    [URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
    I judge you when you use poor grammar.

Specs:
    Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"
    Quote Originally Posted by knightlie View Post
    Parallels 3 will only emulate DirectX 8, by all accounts. BootCamp will run virtually anything, I'm running Oblivion and Tomb Raider Anniversary quite nicely on an iMac.
    That is not quite correct i think... I am running Direct X 9.c and quite a few games are working with it like all of the Medal Of Honor series, the original Call Of Duty, and Doom 3 all work on my machine.

The majority of the games i have tried that don't work, do however usually give an error message about direct X so not really sure just what the problem is, but they are working on it... 2.5 wouldn't run anything.
    Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - Quad Core - 16 Gigs Ram - 10.11.2 - 30" Apple Monitor
    iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That is not quite correct i think... I am running Direct X 9.c and quite a few games are working with it like all of the Medal Of Honor series, the original Call Of Duty, and Doom 3 all work on my machine.

The majority of the games i have tried that don't work, do however usually give an error message about direct X so not really sure just what the problem is, but they are working on it... 2.5 wouldn't run anything.
    My mistake. Some reports stated that DXDiag was reporting a DirectX 8 graphics card.

Specs:
    Mac's
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post

Really???? The ONLY reason I use BootCamp is to play LOTRO, which requires DirectX 9.0c... I had also heard that Parallels 3.0 would only support DirectX 8.1 .

This is very good news if you are correct!!!!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    Really???? The ONLY reason I use BootCamp is to play LOTRO, which requires DirectX 9.0c... I had also heard that Parallels 3.0 would only support DirectX 8.1 .

This is very good news if you are correct!!!!
    It may not be a full implementation, so some games might work and some might not.

Thread Information