New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

How do I fix this?????

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ypx3

ypx3 is on a distinguished road

I am working on installing bootcamp so I can get XP on my macbook. I have searched all over the internet and can't figure out how to fix this

It won't allow me to move the divider left or right. I have the required 10 gigs of memory what can I do?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Repair and verify your disk permissions and then try running Boot Camp again.

Use the Disk Utility to do this (located under Applications --> Utilities)

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
ypx3

Nope that didn't do it. exactly the same problem still.
QUOTE Thanks
Smackintosh

Smackintosh is on a distinguished road

did you repair permissions by using the utility off of a OSX dvd? If you didn't then you only repaired the non startup portion of the hard drive. in order to repair the start up portion you need to boot off of a OSX dvd or start up in single user mode (hold down command + s at start up) and type in /sbin/fsck -fy at the command prompt and let that command run until it says its finished. It may take a couple of minutes. When this completes the startup portion of your hard drive will be repaired.
QUOTE Thanks
ypx3

Ok I will try that
QUOTE Thanks
ypx3

That still didn't do it. i am getting a little down about this whole bootcam thing
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Can you click "Use 32GB"???

After clicking that... can you adjust it?
QUOTE Thanks
ypx3

Unfortunately no it won't let me adjust no matter what
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Can you simply click "Use 32Gb"... and not adjust?
QUOTE Thanks
ypx3

Ok I fixed that problem....
but...I have a new problem

"Back up the disk and use Disk Utility to format it as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume. Restore your information to the disk and try using Boot Camp Assistant again."

I think i need to enable journaling, how does one go about doing that on the mac HD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« booting problem | windows xp required? »