Specs:
    17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
    Backing up my windows install
    Hey all,

I need help with backing up my windows install that I have loaded on my mac using parallels3. What folders (and where are they exactly) do I need to back up on my hdd.

From what I have heard you can just copy the folder and if you ever have a problem with windows all you nee to do is through away the bad folder and then replace it with the good one that you backed up when you first got it working right. If this is right this is what I want to do, I just need help finding the right folders that need backing up. Thanks guys.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by me399 View Post
    Hey all,

I need help with backing up my windows install that I have loaded on my mac using parallels3. What folders (and where are they exactly) do I need to back up on my hdd.

From what I have heard you can just copy the folder and if you ever have a problem with windows all you nee to do is through away the bad folder and then replace it with the good one that you backed up when you first got it working right. If this is right this is what I want to do, I just need help finding the right folders that need backing up. Thanks guys.
    You can find the path of your windows virtual hard disk file by going into the configuration of your virtual machine in Parallels and looking at the properties for the hard disk. You need only make a backup of that file. The path is typically something like this:

/Users/<username>/Library/Parallels/Microsoft Windows XP/winxp.hdd
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    17" MacBookPro 2.33 GHz, 2 GB Ram 160 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 750 GB External HDD
    I dont get it. My windows folder is not there. I cant find it anywhere but it is running perfectly fine.

Thread Information