New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

bootcamp + xp SP2 CD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dr00per

dr00per is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MACBOOK PRO: 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB mem, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB, 160GB HD.

Hi All,

I used search and such but can't find a real answer...

I am testing and playing around on my MBP with crossover and soon (hopefully) bootcamp.

I am having troubles playing counterstrike with crossover and I think crossover is the problem. Therefore I want to test bootcamp.

The problem I face though is that I require a windows XP cd with service pack 2 on it. I have an official version of the cd ofcourse without SP2 on it. Now I am supposed to buy a new version of XP (or vista) ? Which will cost me 230+ euros.

Anybody have a solution or a way I can save my money?

Thanks in advance!!!
QUOTE Thanks
jonnyd

jonnyd has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr00per View Post
Hi All,

I used search and such but can't find a real answer...

I am testing and playing around on my MBP with crossover and soon (hopefully) bootcamp.

I am having troubles playing counterstrike with crossover and I think crossover is the problem. Therefore I want to test bootcamp.

The problem I face though is that I require a windows XP cd with service pack 2 on it. I have an official version of the cd ofcourse without SP2 on it. Now I am supposed to buy a new version of XP (or vista) ? Which will cost me 230+ euros.

Anybody have a solution or a way I can save my money?

Thanks in advance!!!
Yes, you can download the service pack and do something called 'slipstreaming'.

You need to copy the original CD and the service pack onto your hard disk, combine them and burn to a new disk.

See the 2nd half of this thread for how to do it.
QUOTE Thanks
dr00per

dr00per is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MACBOOK PRO: 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB mem, ATI Radeon X1600 256MB, 160GB HD.

Thanks very much!!! I will give it a shot tonight when I get home!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Bootcamp on external possible? | bootcamp partition Q.. »