New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Unending white screen when booting

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lostresojos

lostresojos is on a distinguished road

Hey guys.
Alright, so I just recently tried installing boot camp (isn't a boot camp question, but involves it). I got to the point where it asks where to install windows, but it was only finding one partition and not the proper one. I quit the install and the computer restarted, but now it stays on the white screen and won't go anywhere past it, not even to the apple logo or anything. Just sits there. I've tried everything from holding the option key to forcing it to boot from the installation cd, but it still just sits there. It acts like it's trying to load a cd but just can't, and eventually the disk just quits spinning. Any idea on where to go from here?
QUOTE Thanks
AnthonyJK

AnthonyJK will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD

try inserting the Windows disc and hold down c while its booting. See if the actual installation proccess recognizes the other partition if it does then it should be ok other than that I'm not sure. Good luck.
QUOTE Thanks
lostresojos

lostresojos is on a distinguished road

hmm, tried that, but the computer just keeps freezing before it even reads a disc. When I hold down option, all that appears is the mouse cursor, no drives or discs, and then it just freezes. Thanks for the advice though
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Password-protecting folders | NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Aaarrrrgghhh! »