New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Ejecting a disk during windows setup?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

millsy05

millsy05 is on a distinguished road

Here is my scenario, i have a core 2 macbook (2ghz), a windows 98 full disc and a windows XP upgrade disc. What I normally do on PCs is use the upgrade disc and then when it asks put the 98 disk in, and then put the XP disc back in and it continues on installing. I have tried this with bootcamp bu I cant get the disc to eject. Is there a way of ejecting a disc during windows setup either by key commands or physically removing it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated but I have always had a good run with this forum.

Cheers
Alex Mills

Macbook (Late 2006 Core 2 Duo), Viewsonic VA1912w screen, Apple Keyboard & bluetooth Mighty mouse, Seagate 320GB USB Drive, Griffin Elevator laptop stand, 30GB iPod Photo, 2nd Gen silver iPod Shuffle 1GB, 8GB iPod touch
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

There is no way to eject a disc with out hitting the eject button (a button that does not work during set-up) or by holding the mouse button down while booting... neither of these options will help you in your current dilemma, i regret to inform you that Apple does not support the use of upgrade discs, so they will not be of any help if you call them either.

Maybe somebody else on these forums has a way to create a disc that will allow you to use the upgrade and 98 disc but on the same disc (does that sentence make any sense), kind of like the way they can update the installer to install sp2.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
millsy05

Thats a cool idea, except I have no idea how to do that. Does any one? is it even possible to combine a full windows 98 disc with a windows XP SP2 upgrade disc?

Macbook (Late 2006 Core 2 Duo), Viewsonic VA1912w screen, Apple Keyboard & bluetooth Mighty mouse, Seagate 320GB USB Drive, Griffin Elevator laptop stand, 30GB iPod Photo, 2nd Gen silver iPod Shuffle 1GB, 8GB iPod touch
QUOTE Thanks
millsy05

Does anyone know how to combine a full windows 98 disc with a XP upgrade disc so that it can be used with bootcamp?

I have no idea how to do it.

Cheers
Alex Mills

QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by millsy05 View Post
Does anyone know how to combine a full windows 98 disc with a XP upgrade disc so that it can be used with bootcamp?

I have no idea how to do it.

Cheers
Alex Mills
To my knowledge, you can't do that.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« latest system update pwnd my bootcamp | Crossover »