04-15-2007, 03:27 AM #1
Some questions about gaming, boot camp and hard drives
- Member Since
- Nov 10, 2006
- Leeds, England
- 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I'm not much of a gamer but I've decided to install XP on my Macbook Pro. Also, I think this will leave me short of hard drive space so I'm going to get an external drive. I have a few questions:
- Is the Macbook Pro a good spec for gaming? I have the 2.16 Ghz Core Duo w/ 2 GB RAM
- Can I install games onto an external hard drive (firewire 800) and still get reasonable performance?
- Although beta is boot camp pretty stable?
- Can I format my external hard drive so that Windows and OS X can read the files?
- If I store all non-OS files for XP on the external hard drive how big a partition should I make for XP?
04-15-2007, 03:32 AM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 01, 2007
- Oz.....near the Wizards home
- iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
MBP should be fine for most but the heaviest garphics games and then maybe ok still
Better to install games to internal drive as it will be faster
Havn't tried boot camp myself so I can't comment
Yes can be read by bothe if formatted as fat 32
Xp bloats out as it adds more and more fixes patches etc. From memory about 10 gig should do just for the o/s and antivirus spyware defragger antiphisinh software etc."Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
MaDDoG's Photo Gallery - http://mcarfa.smugmug.com/
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Darrick in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 10-30-2011, 08:51 PM
By jimihat in forum Running Windows (or anything else) on your MacReplies: 3Last Post: 05-19-2011, 05:58 PM
By Earthling84 in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2009, 12:26 PM
By the_fredster in forum Switcher HangoutReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
By DrQuincy in forum Schweb's LoungeReplies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2007, 03:32 AM