New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Wireless/Drivers Issues with Bootcamp (HELP!)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

allmanjoy326

allmanjoy326 is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am running a 17" MacBook Pro. Yesterday I purchased Windows XP Professional. I experimented with both BootCamp and Parallels and after having read about many issues with both, I realized that I need to run BootCamp if I want to run 3D games (Counter-Strike: Source).

I installed everything perfectly for XP in BootCamp. When I start up in Windows, everything runs smoothly, until I try to go online.

I am on a wireless internet in the college house that I live in. When I run parallels or OSX, I get wireless perfectly.

When I go into the Device Manager in BootCamp, there are issues with the ethernet controller, pci device, etc., etc.

I just need to know which Network Adapters I need to install...I think????

PLEASE HELP!!!!! I remember why I switched to OSX!
QUOTE Thanks
allmanjoy326

allmanjoy326 is on a distinguished road

Wow, I finally figured it out and it was as simple as carefully reading the Boot Camp instructions. Funny how that works.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Lemme guess, you forgot to install the drivers?
QUOTE Thanks
Hasan95

Hasan95 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Lemme guess, you forgot to install the drivers?
well how do you install them becasue i got a macbook and ive done the partition and installed windows 7, its all working fine but it wont let me select my wireless point, it says the driver is not installed and it wont let me as it wotn let me connect to the internet coz ive tried through ethernet aswell. my audio also does not work, but im sure il be able to fix that if i be able to fix my wireless driver, because i dont know how to install it, it wotn let me ive tried update but it wont let me i do not know why ?

Any helppp Pleaaseee !!!!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Just insert your Snow Leopard or Leopard DVD (whichever you have) while Windows 7 is running. The drivers will be installed automatically. Once they're installed, you can go to the Apple web site and download any updates for Boot Camp. You likewise do that from Windows.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« windows 7 bootcamp display problem | Can't using tap click on Win 7 x64! »