New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp: Won't boot anymore

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

AlexM

AlexM is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iBook G4 14", Intel-iMac 17"

Hi!

I installed Boot Camp a while back with SP2 version of Windows XP and it worked really well. Then I tried Parallels on the same copy of windows and it worked well for a while too, but now Boot Camp won't load even though Parallels works fine, whenever I tried to boot with BC I get a black screen..

As I say, I can still get on my windows partition using parallels, but I was mostly just testing it out since it doesn't support DirectX and I use my Windows partition for gaming only...

Anyone knows how to fix this? I updated to the latest version of Boot Camp also, didn't fix the problem..!
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

Install rEFIt that may fix your problem as a temp measure. i.e. to get any data from the partition but after I would suggest to delete the NTFS/FAT partitions and uninstall BootCamp and try again fresh.

Although I do love rEFIt, it's even got a custom banner you can add too. Wooo wooo but it does disable the EFI password security.

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks
Rimbah

Rimbah is on a distinguished road

If your windows hangs after the windows loading screen, you have to uninstall and reinstall de bootcamp drivers.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Removing Apple Mobile Device Support | Macbook help: I can't control brightness/volume with F keys anymore. »