Thread: File sharing?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
    File sharing?
    I posted a thread earlier regarding Boot Camp, but this is sort of a different question..

Is it possible to have shared files between OS X and Windows XP when using Boot Camp? For instance would I be able to have my MP3s on my Mac hard drive and be able to access them from XP without having to actually copy them all into the XP portion of my hard drive?

Thanks.

Specs:
    MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
    If you want Windows to see your Mac's files under Boot Camp, you'll need a copy of Macdisk installed on the Windows side. Windows under Parallels can see your Mac's files, but that has to do with the fact that the Mac's operating system is running. Otherwise, Windows does not have support for the HFS filesystem without installing a third-party tool (such as Macdisk).

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
    Thanks for your reply.

So really there's no way to have a shared folder between XP and OS X when running Windows from Boot Camp? The link to the application you left appears to be for actually opening Mac files on a PC.

I meant for example I have a Creative Zen MP3 player, which *does* work with the Mac, but the software doesn't and it would be much easier to use a PC. However I'd like to have my MP3s to play while I'm using Mac OS X as well (whcih I would be, the majority of the time). Is there any way to have shared files such as MP3s that can be accessed by both operating systems, or would I really have to waste all that space on both the OS X and XP partitions?

Thanks again.

Thread Information