New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Have XP-SP2 on BootCamp, can't get Parallels to open it.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

83GMCK2500

83GMCK2500 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro / 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo / 2GB DDR2-667 / 160GB S-ATA 5,400RPM / Glossy Widescreen Disp

So I installed WinXP Pro SP2 last week, it'll load and run just dandy, burned the apple drivers cd and loaded it, told it to ignore all the unsigned drivers and install them, works great. I've got my AutoCAD on it and GIS software, just dandy.

I bought Parallels with my new MBP and just got around to installing it after I did the Boot Camp thing. I had to go download the new release candidate (Parallels Desktop 3120 Mac en.dmg) as I read it was the one that supported using a Boot Camp Partition. I read the majority of the user guide, not the quick user guide, the full 100+ some-odd-page one. Anyway, I can't get it to work. It gives me an error message. Now that very exact error message is in parallel's user guide, and it tells how to fix it. Well I tried that, and I get the same message. I read at some point about installing a Parallels Tools thingy on the Windows partition...HOW? :bomb:

I've attached the error message for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (21.3 KB, 8 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp: Windows Version Question | Questions about running Windows on I Mac »