New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp drivers for Vista?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

HSN

HSN is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I'm running vista home premium on my iMAC using bootcamp partitions. However, there are some devices having driver problems. Is there anything available from bootcamp dedicated for vista or not?

Ex: Airport + iSight are not working
QUOTE Thanks
HSN

Anybody...?
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

I dont think there is anything as far as drivers for bootcamp to run vista.
QUOTE Thanks
spidoman

spidoman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz macbook, 2GB RAM, 80GB HD.

Not yet, I'm guessing in a couple of weeks Mac will release Vista drivers. I hope it won't take until 10.5.
QUOTE Thanks
HSN

I hope they release it soon.
QUOTE Thanks
Jchavoush

Jchavoush is on a distinguished road

ye they should do it but there keeping back
QUOTE Thanks
teapea

teapea is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram

yeh i had same problem just did the upgrade to see if it worked to the business version i got off msdn on my intel imac, does your sound work? my sound wont work, and isight other than that it all seems to work
QUOTE Thanks
Laytonx

Laytonx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro

I am running Vista on a Macbook and it seems to be running good.

Airport and sound both working great. Though trying to use the trackpad without drivers is a pain, no right click or scrolling as well as the pointer kind has a mind of it own sometimes.

adampenney.com
QUOTE Thanks
kevin270

kevin270 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard

My sound is working OK on Vista, but the video card is not functioning properly. I have something like 4 colors, and everything on the screen is pixels and smudges. My Mac Pro is new - bought it in December. It came with the NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT 256MB of GDDR2 SDRAM video card.

I guess I'll try looking for the Vista driver on the NVIDIA GeForce website.

What puzzles me is that I saw Vista running on Macs in the computer stores while I was looking to buy. It seemed to be running fine. Maybe they had a different video card. I'm not sure.
QUOTE Thanks
htdefiant

htdefiant is on a distinguished road

kevin, if you only have 1GB of RAM, then Vista video won't work. I am having the same problem. Hopefully it will be fixed with an official drivers release. The XP drivers do work with Vista, it's just complicated.
Further reading:
http://www.windowsonthemac.com/forum...p?showtopic=35

Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.
QUOTE Thanks
kevin270

kevin270 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard

Ahh, thanks htdefiant. You've solved the mystery as I do only have 1 GB of RAM. I would like to upgrade the RAM in this machine. I chose not to upgrade through Apple because of the crazy prices they charge on memory. I do a lot of video editing which was the main reason I needed the Apple and I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with how well the Apple operating system as well as Apple software works. I've had next to no problems putting videos together, and it's so straight forward.

I still need Windows because I've invested a ton of money into software over the years. Eventually I may not need Windows, but for now I still use it. I'd say I use Apple and Windows 50/50.

How much memory is good enough for Vista? I'll bet it will speed up my video rendering too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Newb Parallels question - right clicking | device recognition in WinXP on Parallels »