New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp: blue Screen installing Mac Drive

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thefoxman88

thefoxman88 is on a distinguished road

Hi. I installed boot camp. did all the right things. eg update firmware etc. I installed and ran XP Pro Corp SP2 fine with out the Mac drivers. While running the installer for the mac drivers it was about 90%+ done. and the blue screen came up. When i went back into XP the keyboard keys didn't work either was the trackpad.

I'm running a MacBook Pro about 2 weeks old. I could get back into OS X and delete the bad install of XP. The space i made was a 32gig FAT32 for XP Pro

Has anyone else come across the problem, and if so found any fixs for this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
quicksilver

quicksilver will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP, 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD, 1991 Powerbook 100, Gen 2 Nano, Gen 1 Touch

I had the EXACT problem a few days ago. Wiped the XP install from inside OS X, re partition (32GB FAT) and installed again.
On the previous install the BSOD appeared during the install of trackpad drivers.
This time, i simply kept moving my finger on the trackpad during the Mac Drivers Installation. Once or twice it stopped responding for a few seconds, but it went fine and now i have full functionality!

Good luck!

Oh...and only pretty girls use Macs...
QUOTE Thanks
Dwayner

Dwayner is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mac book pro 15.4 inch core duo 2.0GHz with 512ram RadeonX1600 graphics

does anyone have a product key for windows xp pro with sp 2???
QUOTE Thanks
nosit1

nosit1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro|1.83ghz|1GB|120GB|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayner View Post
That my sir is considered warez requesting, and I'm most likely sure, not allowed on these forums.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayner View Post
I am sure that everyone who purchased it does. You should have one for yours to when you purchase it. What is the point of asking everyone else if they have one?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A Bootcamp Question | Looking for Classic Mac Games »