New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Boot Camp 2 Questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nate

Nate will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram

1.) In the boot-up of my Mac, will I have a choose of running Mac OS X or Windows? Or will I just run Windows?

2.) I want to play games on my Mac Multiplayer. If I play Counter Strike Source Multiplayer running Windows can I get a virus? Or do I have to be running a internet browser?

Thank you so much!!!!!
Nate

I am a MacMan! Go Mac! My favorite football teams are the Chargers and the Macs!

QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate View Post
1.) In the boot-up of my Mac, will I have a choose of running Mac OS X or Windows? Or will I just run Windows?

2.) I want to play games on my Mac Multiplayer. If I play Counter Strike Source Multiplayer running Windows can I get a virus? Or do I have to be running a internet browser?
1. It will default to either OS X or Windows. You can choose the default by changing your start-up disc in OS X or in Windows on through the control panel after you install the boot camp drivers. Hold the option key while booting and it will show you a selection screen.

2. You will be running Windows so any Windows software will run, viruses included. Unless you are downloading stuff from shady sources or opening every e-mail attachment you get, you probably don't have much to worry about.
QUOTE Thanks
Nate

Nate will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram

Thank you very much for the info! I O U! lol

I am a MacMan! Go Mac! My favorite football teams are the Chargers and the Macs!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp - Always Be Asked which to load? | AutoCAD on My Mac? »