New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Does Windows Vista Ulitmate work?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacMan184

MacMan184 is on a distinguished road

I want to buy Windows Vista next week for my Apple Macbook. Will it work with Parallels or Bootcamp? I know the betas do.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I don't see why it would work in Beta but not in release. I would still hold out till someone else tries it
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Ultimate isn't out yet (At least i don't think) but I see no reason why it wouldn't work, if it doesn't now it will absolutely work with the final version of bootcamp

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiau

Mathiau is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G

all versions of Vista will ship on the same DVD, just depends on what serial you enter, the installers wont be much diff and bootcamp already supports vista, so i would lean to a %90 chance it will work fine.
QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

I have the beta and it runs fine on my Mac Mini.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

SunsetRoadzter will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

I just installed the OEM version of Vista Home Premium on my Mac Pro. I just upgraded my XP install to see how it would go. Only issue I have it see's only 2 Gig's of my 10 Gig's of ram. I think that is because boot camp thinks it is XP still so I have to probaly wait for the real version of boot camp so I can have all my ram to use. BTW I got my copy from newegg for 119.99 OEM full install.

What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiau

Mathiau is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G

Full install of vista, or upgrade ? i know a full OEM is i think $149 for the buisness

with a new OS, for windows, always find it best to just get a full, complete install, just hear of so many issues with the "upgrade" versions.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathiau View Post
Full install of vista, or upgrade ? i know a full OEM is i think $149 for the buisness

with a new OS, for windows, always find it best to just get a full, complete install, just hear of so many issues with the "upgrade" versions.
I have the full install disc I just upgraded though because I have programs on my machine that I dont have access to them anymore to install them again.

QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
all versions of Vista will ship on the same DVD, just depends on what serial you enter
Scandalous. Can you imagine paying 30 for low quality graphics in Doom 3, but having to fork out 150 if you want full quality, yet every other game costing the 30 for the full deal.

It's 2007 - there should be one version of Vista with the full set of graphics you expect in this day and age (but can be turned off if you have a slower PC). You get full Direct3D graphics with any computer game you care to mention released in the last 7 or 8 years. A 75 quid premium charge for a bit of a translucent glass effect is appalling.

The whole OS should cost 100 tops. I put these points in a restrained way on the Vista page on Wikipedia under 'criticisms', but the swines kept deleting it.

What a rip off.
QUOTE Thanks
DigitalJesus

DigitalJesus is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
Scandalous. Can you imagine paying £30 for low quality graphics in Doom 3, but having to fork out £150 if you want full quality, yet every other game costing the £30 for the full deal.

It's 2007 - there should be one version of Vista with the full set of graphics you expect in this day and age (but can be turned off if you have a slower PC). You get full Direct3D graphics with any computer game you care to mention released in the last 7 or 8 years. A £75 quid premium charge for a bit of a translucent glass effect is appalling.

The whole OS should cost £100 tops. I put these points in a restrained way on the Vista page on Wikipedia under 'criticisms', but the swines kept deleting it.

What a rip off.
Actually, what your paying for with the "ultimate" edition is a bunch of extra programs. People who buy home edition don't get those programs and therefor aren't charged for the programs.

Its different when your thinking from a Mac perspective. Since apple is the OEM of apple hardware and the distributor of apple software (OS X) then they can give you all of these cool bundled programs (iLife) because they're already making tons of money in their hardware profit margins.
QUOTE Thanks
andy_st200

andy_st200 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15, 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

ive installed vista on bootcamp and the only thing at a brief look thats not working is the sound. but then i took it back off as im not convinced about vista anyway as ive been running the full enterprise edition on my normal pc and i just dont like it so gone back to xp and ill be staying with it for a time to come

Line1:My Mac..
Line2:MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB 667 DDR2, 100GB Serial ATA drive (7200rpm), SuperDrive (DVD-RW/CD-RW), 15" Glossy Widescreen Display
Line3:
Line4:... born 11/09/2006
QUOTE Thanks
htdefiant

htdefiant is on a distinguished road

I'm running ultimate now on a Mac Pro. I'm having some trouble with the graphics, though...

Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.
QUOTE Thanks
SunsetRoadzter

Does any body have more than 2 GIg's of ram installed? I have 10 Gig's on MacPro but vista only see's 2 Gig's. Any ideas?

QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Actually, what your paying for with the "ultimate" edition is a bunch of extra programs. People who buy home edition don't get those programs and therefor aren't charged for the programs.
I was referring more to the home basic/premium editions.

And that 'bunch of extra programs' exist just to eek out some extra cash by being able slap 'ultimate' on the box.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« My Review of Parallels Beta 3036 | Making partition between windows and Mac bigger? »