Does Windows Vista Ulitmate work?
    I want to buy Windows Vista next week for my Apple Macbook. Will it work with Parallels or Bootcamp? I know the betas do.

I don't see why it would work in Beta but not in release. I would still hold out till someone else tries it

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Ultimate isn't out yet (At least i don't think) but I see no reason why it wouldn't work, if it doesn't now it will absolutely work with the final version of bootcamp
    Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System

Specs:
    MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
    all versions of Vista will ship on the same DVD, just depends on what serial you enter, the installers wont be much diff and bootcamp already supports vista, so i would lean to a %90 chance it will work fine.

Specs:
    15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs
    I have the beta and it runs fine on my Mac Mini.
    I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
    They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
    I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2 GB Ram,Mac Pro Dual 2.66,10 GB Ram Feeding into a 30" LCD
    I just installed the OEM version of Vista Home Premium on my Mac Pro. I just upgraded my XP install to see how it would go. Only issue I have it see's only 2 Gig's of my 10 Gig's of ram. I think that is because boot camp thinks it is XP still so I have to probaly wait for the real version of boot camp so I can have all my ram to use. BTW I got my copy from newegg for 119.99 OEM full install.
    What is the distance between here and now anyway?:mac:

Don't forget to use the User Reputation System

Specs:
    MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
    Full install of vista, or upgrade ? i know a full OEM is i think $149 for the buisness

with a new OS, for windows, always find it best to just get a full, complete install, just hear of so many issues with the "upgrade" versions.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathiau View Post
    Full install of vista, or upgrade ? i know a full OEM is i think $149 for the buisness

with a new OS, for windows, always find it best to just get a full, complete install, just hear of so many issues with the "upgrade" versions.
    I have the full install disc I just upgraded though because I have programs on my machine that I dont have access to them anymore to install them again.

Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    all versions of Vista will ship on the same DVD, just depends on what serial you enter
    Scandalous. Can you imagine paying 30 for low quality graphics in Doom 3, but having to fork out 150 if you want full quality, yet every other game costing the 30 for the full deal.

It's 2007 - there should be one version of Vista with the full set of graphics you expect in this day and age (but can be turned off if you have a slower PC). You get full Direct3D graphics with any computer game you care to mention released in the last 7 or 8 years. A 75 quid premium charge for a bit of a translucent glass effect is appalling.

The whole OS should cost 100 tops. I put these points in a restrained way on the Vista page on Wikipedia under 'criticisms', but the swines kept deleting it.

What a rip off.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.0Ghz(CD)/512/80/128MB VRAM/15"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
    Scandalous. Can you imagine paying £30 for low quality graphics in Doom 3, but having to fork out £150 if you want full quality, yet every other game costing the £30 for the full deal.

It's 2007 - there should be one version of Vista with the full set of graphics you expect in this day and age (but can be turned off if you have a slower PC). You get full Direct3D graphics with any computer game you care to mention released in the last 7 or 8 years. A £75 quid premium charge for a bit of a translucent glass effect is appalling.

The whole OS should cost £100 tops. I put these points in a restrained way on the Vista page on Wikipedia under 'criticisms', but the swines kept deleting it.

What a rip off.
    Actually, what your paying for with the "ultimate" edition is a bunch of extra programs. People who buy home edition don't get those programs and therefor aren't charged for the programs.

Its different when your thinking from a Mac perspective. Since apple is the OEM of apple hardware and the distributor of apple software (OS X) then they can give you all of these cool bundled programs (iLife) because they're already making tons of money in their hardware profit margins.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15, 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    ive installed vista on bootcamp and the only thing at a brief look thats not working is the sound. but then i took it back off as im not convinced about vista anyway as ive been running the full enterprise edition on my normal pc and i just dont like it so gone back to xp and ill be staying with it for a time to come
    Line1:My Mac..
    Line2:MacBook Pro 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB 667 DDR2, 100GB Serial ATA drive (7200rpm), SuperDrive (DVD-RW/CD-RW), 15" Glossy Widescreen Display
    Line3:
    Line4:... born 11/09/2006

I'm running ultimate now on a Mac Pro. I'm having some trouble with the graphics, though...
    Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.

Specs:
    Ram ?
    Does any body have more than 2 GIg's of ram installed? I have 10 Gig's on MacPro but vista only see's 2 Gig's. Any ideas?

Specs:
    Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Actually, what your paying for with the "ultimate" edition is a bunch of extra programs. People who buy home edition don't get those programs and therefor aren't charged for the programs.
    I was referring more to the home basic/premium editions.

And that 'bunch of extra programs' exist just to eek out some extra cash by being able slap 'ultimate' on the box.

Thread Information