New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

osx connection slow..bootcamp connection FAST

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dewyjuhl

dewyjuhl is on a distinguished road

Ok, I've noticed that when I use any internet service in bootcamp, its blazing fast. Then when I get on the web in osx its very noticabley slow. This bothers me because I love the mac applications and want the osx partition to be for surfing the web and other things and the bootcamp partition to be strictly for games.

any ideas?

p.s. I've tried safari, opera, firefox, they're all slow as ****.
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

Strange eh? I've noticed this too! Even windows xp under parallels seems to go faster at times! That eleiminated the hardware as the slow down. Maybe its the drivers???? Or just settngs that are set to a "happy" medium between stability and speed? any thoughts?
QUOTE Thanks
dewyjuhl

mmh I've been digging through settings and I cant find the answer, and download times dont seem to be affect its just searching the webs. It always loads the same way too like it will go a little ways, then stop for about 10 seconds then load all the way.
QUOTE Thanks
karudzo

karudzo has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM

Perhaps disable IPV6?
QUOTE Thanks
dewyjuhl

whats ipv6?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

You can google it, but here one to get you started.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Any way avoiding formating when installing windows | Help with Classic Mac »