New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Anyone been able to plug in an external mic? (Bootcamp WinXp)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

grantrobarts

grantrobarts is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 24" iMac, 2GB RAM, 7600GT

I have one of those Logitech headsets for gaming, and I can't seem to get the mic to work on it. The sound works on the headphones, but the microphone will not pick anything up.

Has anyone had any luck using a microphone? I don't think my built in mic even works.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

First of all, I assume it is the kind with two plug-ins, not the wireless kind. In the control panel, do you have the sound input set to external mic. instead of built-in mic.? I have made that mistake before...

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Graphics issue with New Xp install | Can I change size of Boot Camp Windows XP Drive? »