New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Macbook - macbook lagging on windows xp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lollipox

lollipox is on a distinguished road

anyone having the same problem ? it freezes for about 3 seconds every 10-20 seconds
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Are you using BootCamp or Parallels?
QUOTE Thanks
lollipox

it runs perfectly on osX but when i bootcamp it to windows it starts lagging even more during games that dont run on osX, the ram doesnt exceed 400mb, but the cpu usage just spikes up every once in a while. Nothing else goes up as high as system idle process for the cpu either.
QUOTE Thanks
???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

What game are you playing, the MB has shared graphics and the card is ok but not great. What game?
QUOTE Thanks
lollipox

its not just games using internet explorer lags. simply playing a music file on windows media player lags and the music repeats itself for 3 seconds lol xD its quite annoying. But the games i play are counterstrike, gunbound, etc. ive tried many games its the same.
QUOTE Thanks
lollipox

if anyone else has the same problem, the solution is to disable the wireless network search because it kept failing to find network it lagged windows. thanks to apple discussions =]
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

I've noticed this when I play NWN2 in BootCamp ... my MBP has plenty of video and RAM to run it. Thanks for the solution!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Wireless connection problems when in winxp | Apple keyboard use in Win XP »