New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

1234321 is on a distinguished road

After installing Bootcamp for the second time on my C2D Macbook the desktop icon is named Untitled, the first time I installed it it was named WINDOWS. Everything seems to work just fine, but just something that kinda bothers me and not sure if it's ok or not or how to rename it. If anyone could tell me how that would be appreciated.

QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Rename it?
QUOTE Thanks

How do I rename it?

Whitebook 2.0 ghz C2D, 1.5GB Ram, 160GB HD
Samsung SyncMaster 941BW 19"
Wireless Mighty Mouse
4GB iPod Nano Silver
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I have only installed one time, mine is also called Untitled. Have not had any issues, just thought it was normal.

It will not let me rename it. Can rename every other icon, folder, except this one.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks

I finally figured out how to rename it, you just boot up in Windows and then change the name of your C drive. It's that simple...now anyone know how to change the widows icon????

Whitebook 2.0 ghz C2D, 1.5GB Ram, 160GB HD
Samsung SyncMaster 941BW 19"
Wireless Mighty Mouse
4GB iPod Nano Silver
QUOTE Thanks
stevo-m

stevo-m is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb

What's the little drink and pineapple icon in your taskbar? Lol.
QUOTE Thanks
stevo-m

stevo-m is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb

Or dock, rather, I beg your pardon!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

That is handbrake

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Dude

Mac Dude will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz/1GB/80GB Macbook Core 2 Duo

There's another recent thread in this forum on renaming the Windows drive and still another if you don't want to see the icon while in OS X. Just scroll down a bit in the forum.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Explorer not loading pages properly under Boot Camp | XP in bootcamp; where's my '@' !? »