New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

cant boot os 9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

alexblake89

alexblake89 is on a distinguished road

i just got a g4 cube, and it has yellow dog linux on it, and i want to put mac os back on it and get rid of linux, but i put in the os 9 disk and press c and it says loading disc but then a it restarts again then it will restart about 2 or 3 times doing the same thing, then on the third time it gives me a error message, is thier and program or some utility that i can burn to a disk then use it to partion the drive or something?

thanks ahead of time, alex
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Are you holding down the C key during start up. The whole time until your see the mac logo. Then you will have to reformat the drive with drive setup.
QUOTE Thanks
alexblake89

holding dont the c key wont do anything, the only thing that i can do to get it to even try to read the disc is to when it says yellow dog linux boot strap i press c, then it says booting cdrom, then the cdrom spins up but nothing happens then i eventually get a cache error thing
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

Once the YDL comes up it to late. Restart with the Mac boot dics in the drive,Hold down the OPTION key at the chime until you see a
display listing of startup dics on the screen. Click the CD icon,then the right arrow and boot from the CD. If that does not work be looking for a new hard drive.
QUOTE Thanks
alexblake89

it works when i push the option key, but the only thing that pops up is a little hard drive with the little linux bird no bootable cd
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Do you know how to open a Cube? Pull out that hard drive and put in a new clean one,start over with the Option key method. Theres a Cube forum that
can help you to open one if you need it. Sorry Im stumped!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac OS8.6 plug and play? .ISO? tiger?! | iMac OS8.6 plug and play »