New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

virtual pc free trial ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nagger Pumper

Nagger Pumper will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD

i have a 1.42 ghz eMac and i'm intrested in a free trial of the program virtual pc. if anyone would please send me the link to download it i would greatly appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiau

Mathiau is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G

dont bother, i think virtual PC has gone to crap over the years, other better otions like parallels.
QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

i just want to try it out. i just found out about this program, and it seems too good to be true.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

It is. It is unbearably slow. Microsoft stopped developing it a few years ago

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There is no free trial for Virtual PC anyway. I use it only to test websites in IE6 under Windows. It is horribly slow. Still, I don't have to go to another machine or boot up the Windows machine I have that sits there and collects dust. :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

so what program would i have to use to put windows on my emac?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagger Pumper View Post
so what program would i have to use to put windows on my emac?
Check my answer in your other thread:

installing windows programs

You will still need to purchase Virtual PC as that is the only reliable and stable (albeit slow) software that will allow you to run Windows on a PPC mac like yours.

What applications do you really need from Windows? It is highly likely that you can find a Mac alternative and negate the need for Windows alltogether.

MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

i was just wondering if there was a demo i could download before i buy the $70 program.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

Well, you probably won't need to buy the $70 application. That is what I was getting at. :black:

Anything that is done in Windows can be done with Mac OS. It is just a matter of what application and steps are needed to get your desired result.
What is it that you are trying to do or what is it that you feel you need Windows for?

QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

mainly i want to learn how everything works, but other than that i want some of my old pc games on my mac. nothing major
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

Well, even with Virtual PC, those Windows games won't run on your Mac.
Virtual PC can't emulate the 3D drivers needed to play most Windows games, so even if they did manage to run it would be slow, choppy and nowhere near worth it.:black:
Virtual PC was meant to run the occasional Windows program, games excluded. But like I said, there is almost always a Mac alternative to the Windows program.
:black:

QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

could i add games, and would it be chopy on a mac if it had bootcamp instead ?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

installing windows programs

QUOTE Thanks
Nagger Pumper

i under stand bootcamp cannot work on my pc. but if i were to get a new computer, could i add games, and would it be chopy ?
QUOTE Thanks
???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

If you have an intel mac, games will run with bootcamp. Bear in mind the specs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« imac stuck on blue/gray screen after trying to install bootcamp | Bootcamp: overclocking my x1600 in windows »