New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Bootcamp Vista???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

I have a Vista Beta and I havent really used it apart from a quick try on my PC which i long gone since I bought a Mac.

I want to run windows too, but I only have SP1 a big no no. But can I use Vista instead?? Has anyone acomplished this?
QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

you can run it but there wont be any drivers for it.
QUOTE Thanks
???

??? is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.0Ghz

Yeah, I know. I tried it. Now I cant get rid of the Vista Partition even with Boot camp assitant. Any ideas???
QUOTE Thanks
waymon

waymon is on a distinguished road

I would assume once vista comes out apple will do a update on there bootcamp once they have 10.5 out. But I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

The guy at the Apple store said he installed Vista RC1 on his mac without any trouble. I don't know if he installed it straight away or installed XP SP2 then updated. I really wouldn't risk it.

I'd say wait for Leopard. By then Bootcamp will be installed, Vista will be out and surely will run properly.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I installed Vista RC1 and RC2 under Parallels with no problem, for whatever that's worth..
QUOTE Thanks
Mathiau

Mathiau is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G

Vista which version, RC1 and RC2 should have all driversm, since it is all old intel chipsets used and integrated intel graphics which the version in current macbooks was updated to support vista.

if you have anything lower then RC2, dont bother.

as for XP, just slipstream you XP cd to include SP 2, is not hard..

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Big Problem ! Blue Screen in XP | Have Windows XP but not SP2 version?? READ HERE »