New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Concerns with running Bootcamp on my Mac.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dadude1083

dadude1083 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x

So I just want to install Windows on my Mac so I can play games, but I want to make sure I don't get any viruses that infect windows. If I just load up Windows, do I have any problem if all I do is got on the game I want to play, maybe play online, but no websearching or anything like that? Or is being online in general leave me up to attack, so I should download the security updates?

-Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
htdefiant

htdefiant is on a distinguished road

Games generally do not infect your computer with spyware or viruses when you play online. If you're only going to play games, I recommend getting a free virus scanner (such as AVG) and a free spyware scanner (such as ad-aware personal edition). You should run the virus scan once a month or so, and the spyware scan once every 10 days. Yes, do download the Microsoft Security Updates.

Windows on the Mac - Forums and free support for Boot Camp, Parallels, and VMWare.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

bottom line, when you boot windows on a mac its basically a PC. so you will need all of your virus software, spyware etc to keep it safe.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

If you dont ever use the web you dont have to worry.

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Access to my XP machine from my MAC | Using Citrix ICA on a Mac »