New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Windows XP SP2 Problem...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ciel

Ciel is on a distinguished road

Where could I find the disc needed to install this OS?
My friends told me it was an upgrade for XP, but I have no idea where to get it.
Do I just use the normal XP disc or do I HAVE to get this specific version? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Well, after the Windows XP main release they have also released two major security/feature updates.(SP1 and SP2) They are available for free to download from the MS website. Once you download them you have to repack them along with XP. I have seen couple of guides in the Net. Try Google.
QUOTE Thanks
Ciel

How would I repack the downloads to the main installer disc?
Would I download it off of my Mac, then put them on a disc or something? I'm confused...
QUOTE Thanks
novicew

novicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to allnovicew is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)

Here are the instructions but you can do it only on a Windows PC.
QUOTE Thanks
Ciel

Thanks! One more thing, though... Is it possible to just buy the Windows XP SP2 version on a disc, or do I have to use this procedure?
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
Thanks! One more thing, though... Is it possible to just buy the Windows XP SP2 version on a disc, or do I have to use this procedure?
If you buy a new computer or a retail version of WinXP, you'll get SP2 which is what is needed to install on the Bootcamp (I assume this is why you're asking).

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
Ciel

So I just have to buy a retail version, and I'll get it? Awesome! Thanks a lot Zoolook!
QUOTE Thanks
Kar98

Kar98 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
If you buy a new computer or a retail version of WinXP, you'll get SP2
Unless you're getting restore disks in a weird format, or just a partition on the hard drive, of course.

I has a signijer.
QUOTE Thanks
TehM0nk3y

TehM0nk3y is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoolook View Post
If you buy a new computer or a retail version of WinXP, you'll get SP2 which is what is needed to install on the Bootcamp (I assume this is why you're asking).
Do you have to buy a retail version of XP? I saw an OEM that said to be a windows xp full install with SP2 (new, of course) . I am looking for windows xp for my mac but wasn't sure if I should buy the cheaper OEM or the retail one.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

look here:
windows xp question
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« windows xp question | .daa torrent file »