New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

Flight Simulator X on Parallels

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

markw10

markw10 is an unknown at this point

I just bought Flight Simulator X and installed it on my desktop Windows XP PC and it works great. I'm not a gamer by far but that's the one game I do play. I now have a C2D MBP though and would to go all Mac and don't want to have to keep the PC for this one game. I know about the gaming issues of Parallels and prefer Parallels by far over Boot Camp. When I try to run FS X though it gives the message:
Flight Simulator is not working with your video card. Verify that you have the latest drivers installd for your video card. Flight Simulator will now exit.

From what I've heard often games run very slow under parallels but I've never heard about one giving that error so does it mean there may be some type of driver issue that I can update and get around it. I have done the windows update through Microsoft and it's not showing any updates.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Parallels does not provide 3D hardware acceleration, which is what Flight Simulator X requires.

Until the Parallels team cracks this nut, you won't be able to use the game under Parallels.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Need Help Uninstalling Windows XP (Bootcamp) from Macbook Pro | Virtual PC or vmware?! »