New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Running Windows (or anything else) on your Mac Discussion of Classic or running Windows, Linux and other OSes on the Mac.

PC Gaming via Boot Camp

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DrQuincy

DrQuincy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro

Are there any issues when playing games on XP via Boot Camp? Do they run well? Are any of you playing any recent PC games and getting good performance out of them? I have a Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Ghz Core Duo.
QUOTE Thanks
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrQuincy View Post
Are there any issues when playing games on XP via Boot Camp? Do they run well? Are any of you playing any recent PC games and getting good performance out of them? I have a Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Ghz Core Duo.
I have a new 2.33Ghz MBP C2D. Using Boot Camp means you're running a Wintel computer ... just forget that OS X even exists while you're playing games. If your video and RAM are up to the task, you should be in fine shape.

I have 2G of RAM and x1600 256M video. I was playing Neverwinter Nights 2 (which is known to run "choppy" on a lot of systems) and with the graphics settings all in the medium or high range it ran at a very fast framerate. Absolutely no complaints.

The ATI x1600 isn't the world's best mobile video card, but it seems capable of handling the best of what's out now. What came in your MBP CD?
QUOTE Thanks
DrQuincy

DrQuincy will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Core Duo Macbook Pro

I've got a Macbook Pro Core Duo 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, ATI X1600 256 MB RAM.

I've lost touch with the PC gaming world - is that a good spec for gaming?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrQuincy View Post
I've got a Macbook Pro Core Duo 2.16 Ghz, 1 GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, ATI X1600 256 MB RAM.

I've lost touch with the PC gaming world - is that a good spec for gaming?
It'll run every game on the market now, however some newer games won't run well at the max resolution.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HELP with sound issue on paralells? | How well does windows run with boot camp? »